They worked hard on their workbooks for about an hour. I was impressed by the quality of work I was receiving. Then we had show and tell. Show and tell with two kids should take, what like two minutes. Wrong! They had an endless supply of crap to show and tell about at their disposal. It was one thing after another. They seemed utterly oblivious to the fact that I had purchased much of the stuff they were now telling me about. After about an eternity, okay fifteen minutes, I had them lay down so I could read to them.
They pulled out a blanket and listen to the first chapter of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. They seem to enjoy it, even though my voices leave much to be desires. Oh well, I'm just happy that they sat through the chapter. After that we had lunch, then naps. Havana went to dance and then we came home and went swimming. They seem to be digging this home school stuff. Maybe it's time they learn the joys of a mid-term... that always makes me want to go running back crying to elementary school! Peace!
Your such a good mom. I often think "alright if Chachy can do it, so can I." You do so much and are so motivated. I wish I had your drive and energy. The kids still can't stop talking about you and how much fun they had there, nevermind the Grand Canyon or Vegas, all they remember is your house. Love ya
ReplyDeleteApril